3/15/12

The Dollkeeper

The Dollkeeper
The Dollkeeper
The Dollkeeper
The Dollkeeper
The Dollkeeper
The Dollkeeper
The Dollkeeper
The Dollkeeper
The Dollkeeper
Remember when I blogged about a very exciting photo shoot I was doing last month and was super vague about it? Well, here it is! In February, I was commissioned by Jaclyn of Audrey Grace, a pop-up shop coming to NYC next week to do a photo shoot for her boutique. For the months leading up to the shoot, Jaclyn and I brainstormed up suitable concepts that fit the 'Audrey Grace' motif. We finally settled on the story of 'The Dollkeeper.' I am forever fascinated with exploring all facets of the life of dolls (see my other doll shoot here). In the story of 'The Dollkeeper,' Amy, the model plays the part of a doll who is held captive by Brad, the dollkeeper, who keeps her for his own selfish longing. So there is a bit of a melancholy undertone.

I had been dying to do a shoot at this location: Big Daddy's Antiques, which I scouted last year by happenstance, and voila! I finally did. Big Daddy's Antiques is pretty magical to say the least... sort of like an artist's paradise (which is actually a complete understatement. you really need to see it real life). I mean, they played Beatles music and let us take over their store for the entire day. Not to mention their name stems from a character named Big Daddy in Tennessee Williams' play 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.' Plus, they're just awesome in general for having so much pretty stuff all. in. one. place. Kudos to you, Big Daddy, for being so cool.

As a side note, I'll be adding these photos (and more from this shoot) up on my website shortly, so keep your eyes peeled! Updated! Check it out here.

Photographer: Me
Stylist: Jaclyn Bethany
Styling Assistant: Paula Chambers
Hair and Makeup: Elizabeth Chang
Models: Amy Sherring at Stars Model Management and Brad Brockman
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...