11/2/10

Still corners

One of my dear readers, Genevieve, sent me the link to London based band, Still Corners, saying she saw the band and thought of me (thanks genevieve!). I clicked on the link and wow... As the name suggests, the music they make is so haunting and ethereal and combined with the front-lady's delicate voice, it makes for such an achingly beautiful mood. I love discovering new music I love (well obviously, but you know what i mean ha).
Still corners
Still corners
"This music was free and discovered.

While walking in the woods with loved ones we DANCED as the ashes of the departed swirled about us like whirls of snow and birch tree branches heavy with ice bowed to touch our faces slowly spilling their white glass to the forest floor. We found in the mess of these silent shapes this light show and these reflected tones."
Still corners
Still corners
Mildllyyy reminds me of The Virgin Suicides and the girl kinda reminds me of Kirsten Dunst, what do you think?


Tell me, friends, have you come across any lovely bands/musicians recently?

(photos are screenshots of their music video "wish" which was directed by lucy dyson)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...