11/23/10

A little plate...

A little plate...
Since April, I've been working on this plate at Color Me Mine. I just finished it last week and I'm very happy to finally be done! I got the idea of painting a mosaic plate from a very crafty friend of mine. This friend, to be exact. Inspired by impressionism, I elaborated on the idea and made each mosaic square out of tiny dots of different shades of a certain color. And I based my plate off of this photo of mine.

Here's the process behind the plate:
A little plate...
Step one: With a pencil, draw straight lines every 1/2 cm, using skinny tape in between each line. Continue drawing the lines until the whole plate is filled.
A little plate...
Step two: Do the same as step one, but draw the lines in the opposite direction, making a square. Then roughly sketch the picture in pencil.
A little plate
Step three: Start painting!
A little plate...
A little plate...
Step four: Remove the tape and fire it in the kiln and voilà! You've got yourself a masterpiece...

Phew! What a tedious process! Am I crazy to want to make another one?! ;)
A little plate...
The plate is for a friend of mine and I hope she likes it. I'm going to give it to her tonight and surprise her :)

PS. She liked it :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...