11/15/11

A macaron day

A macaron day
Over the weekend, I made macarons with my friend Carly. Now I know every blogger and their mom, sister, and probably dog have blogged about macarons before, but I can't resist.

The weather was dreary and rainy outside; perfect baking weather. We had never made macarons before and they were surprisingly simple to make (the prep work is the hardest). The first batch we made were matcha green tea macarons. I don't think we let the macarons sit long enough before baking them and they came out kinda flat and burnt, but what can you do?
A macaron day
A macaron day
A macaron day
A macaron day
Burnt macarons :(

We got the hang of it with our second batch of macarons: lavender macarons.
A macaron day
We got a bit carried away with the lavender macarons and blinged some of them out with lavender sprinkles.
A macaron day
A macaron day
A macaron day
A macaron day
A macaron day
Baby macaron!
A macaron day
Macarons + tea + rainy day = major yum and coziness. Oh macarons, you are my friend.
A macaron day
I'm already thinking of other flavors to make macarons... we have a bunch of pumpkins at our house, so I'm thinking pumpkin macarons are next. Have any of you fine folks made macarons?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...