6/21/10

Guess who's coming to dinner

Hello friends! How was your weekend? Mine was swell, although I seemed to have caught somewhat of a cold (or maybe it's just allergies or sinuses but something is making my eyes water and nose all stuffy).

I went to the Birth of Impressionism museum exhibit at the de Young Museum in San Francisco. I've been wanting to go for ages and now that I've gone it was everything that I imagined it to be and more. On the tour, they were saying how lighting was so important to impressionists and how they positioned their subjects so that the lighting would reflect nicely on their clothing. Which is what a lot of photographers (including me) do. The impressionism of photography perhaps...?

I was all set to take pictures of the exhibit, but we weren't allowed. I was going to try to sneak a few shots in, but the guards were everywhere! Outside I took lots of pictures but the lighting was all junky (stupid high noon lighting) and the shadows and highlights were really harsh.

SO here are a bunch of pictures I've had saved on my computer for a while now. Not sure if I like the ones of Kelcie or not, but here they are out in the open anyway.
Kelcie
Kelcie
Sea
Jars
Sorry for all the old pictures. I AM going to do some new photoshoots soonish. I am itching to take real pictures.

P.S. Title has nothing to do with this post; it was just a movie I watched last night. If you haven't seen it, watch it! Katharine Hepburn is in it-'nough said. And gah, Katharine Hepburn is such a beautiful creature.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...