1/26/09

the perks of being a wallflower.

"I walked over to the hill where we used to go and sled.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
There were a lot of little kids there.

I watched them flying.

Doing jumps and having races.

And I thought that all those little kids are going to grow up someday.

And all of those little kids are going to do the things that we do.

And they will all kiss someone someday.

But for now, sledding is enough.

I think it would be great if sledding were always enough, but it isnt...

It's kind of like when you look at yourself in the mirror and say your name.

And it gets to a point where none of it seems real.

Well, sometimes, I can do that, but I don't need an hour in front of a mirror.

It just happens very fast, and things start to slip away.

And I just open my eyes, and I see nothing.

And then I start to breathe really hard trying to see something, but I can't.

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it scares me."


Words from The Perks of Being a Wallflower, one of my favorite books.
Photos from where else other than weheartit.

Alas, I have been tagged and given an award by fellow blogger Lauren. This is the honesty scrap award in which you have to write 10 honest things about yourself and pass it on to at least 7 other deserving bloggers.
10 honest things about myself:

1. I am a dreamer who loves dreamy things (ha how profound was that?).
2. I never use abbreviations and other shortcuts when writing emails or texting.
3. I can spend anywhere from 10 minutes to over an hour getting ready.
4. I am guilty of taking extremely long showers.
5. I wish my hair was longer.
6. When its a really cold night, I sleep with my bathrobe on.
7. I am currently in a love affair with French Onion Soup.
8. I put vaseline on my feet and ski socks every night before I go to bed so that my feet are nice and soft (who wants cracked heels?)
9. I was a little skeptical about blogging at first, but now that people are actually reading my blog, I like it a lot.
10. I listen to my iPod while putting on my makeup or straightening my hair. It makes the time go by faster.

I'm going to tag:
The Stylish Wanderer (since she's started doing some tags now)

Hope you all had a fun and laugher-filled weekend.
xoxo,
Micaela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...