12/26/08

wild is the wind.


Love me love me love me

Say you do

Let me fly away

With you

For my love is like

The wind

And wild is the wind

Give me more

Than one caress

Satisfy this

Hungriness

Let the wind

Blow through your heart

For wild is the wind

You...

Touch me...

I hear the sound

Of mandolins

You...

Kiss me...

With your kiss

My life begins

You're spring to me

All things

To me

Don't you know you're

Life itself

Like a leaf clings

To a tree

Oh my darling,

Cling to me

For we were creatures

Of the wind
And wild is the wind

So wild is the wind

Photos from one of my very favorite photographers, Courtney Brooke.

The words are lyrics from Wild is the Wind, a lovely little song you might have heard if you've seen the trailer for Revolutionary Road.

Also, the wonderful Susanna-Cole gave me this card. It's so pretty, I just had to share it with you.

Okay, I know that the whole world knows about Lula Magazine, but the most recent issue was my first (a year after their debut, I know-I'm way behind the times). I had listened to people rave about Lula for months, and I had to see what the fuss was all about. I have to say, the fuss is much deserved. I loved everything about the magazine, from the thick, glossy paper to the dreamy photographs, beautiful drawings, and interesting articles. I had planned to tear the photographs from the magazine for wall decoration, but I found that I couldn't. It felt sacreligious to tear anything out of something so much like a book, something so visually stunning. Instead, it sits beside my bed for perusal before I go to sleep. I know it will bring me only the sweetest of dreams.

By the way, I need you guys' personal opinion. Do you like my blog better with the silvery-grayish background, or just plain white? I can't decide!

Finally, yesterday, I saw Valentin. It's an Argentine film and one of my personal favorite foreign films. Click here to read the synopsis. I am not going to link a trailer to this post because I personally think the trailer is quite frankly awful. If you see the trailer, it will make you not want to see the film, so please don't view the trailer. And if you've already seen it, feel free to leave a comment about your opinion.

Wow! That was a lot of writing!

xoxo,
Micaela
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...